* This is by far my most favorite vegan chili in the world!! And it is so easy to make!*
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh cilantro and parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 packets of splenda or truvia
- 2 teaspoons of salt, or to your flavor preference
- 3 teaspoons of ground cumin, or to your flavor preference
Tip - I use a chopper to cut all my veggies. It saves a tremendous amount of time and the pieces all come out the same size. I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. We are best friends!
- In a Dutch oven, saute zucchini, onions and peppers until tender (no you do NOT need oil!).
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, jalapeno, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.