Author: Linda @ Eating Well, Living Thin. Recipe type: Salad, Side Dish. Cuisine: American, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serves: 4 cups
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cooked, cooled quinoa (leftover is great)
- 1 green onion, sliced (just green parts)
- ½ red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
*Note: this recipe did include oil, however, you do NOT need it!*
- Briefly boil the edamame and the corn, just until tender. Drain very well and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the edamame, corn, quinoa, green onion, red pepper and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, chili powder, black pepper, thyme and cayenne until emulsified.
- Drizzle mixture over salad mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least two hours.
This recipe is easily adaptable. Feel free to experiment. If cilantro isn’t your thing, try parsley. If you like garlic, add a small clove of garlic (minced) to the dressing mixture. Like a little more heat? Increase the cayenne. The green onion could be swapped for red onion. You get the idea.
I also enjoy this salad served warm rather than chilled.