MOLECULAR MIMICRY AND TYPE 1 DIABETES (PARENTS READ!):
- Cow’s milk was not designed to be consumed by humans.
- Some children do not digest cow’s milk completely, which results in partially digested protein.
- Impaired GI health (leaky gut) allows passage of these proteins into the bloodstream.
- The immune system recognizes these as foreign invaders and produces antibodies.
- These milk protein fragments look like the pancreatic cells that produce insulin (beta cells).
- The immune system begins to attack the pancreatic cells, eventually resulting in type-1 diabetes.
- A 1992 study - blood samples taken from 142 diabetic children and controls who did not have diabetes...
- 100% of the diabetic children had elevated levels of antibodies to cow’s milk proteins; none of the controls had elevated antibody levels
- Other studies have confirmed results.