WHY IS AMERICA SO SICK??
Some of the answers to this question may shock you, while others may challenge your current belief system, in other words, the current "worldview". Try to keep an open mind. Remember, the world was once believed to be flat, and anyone that challenged that worldview was persecuted and sent to jail. Today it is widely accepted that the world is round. Bloodletting, an ancient medical practice where a vein is opened with a lancet or sharpened piece of wood, causing blood to flow out and into a waiting receptacle. If you got lucky, leeches might perform the gruesome task in place of crude instruments. The belief was, this would cure any disease or ailment. Today, bloodletting would be considered ridiculous and barbaric.
As a society, we've been lied to our entire lives by the Food Industry, the Meat Industry, the Dairy Industry, the Medical Industry, the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), the media, the Medical Device Industry, and the Pharmaceutical Industry for their own financial gains; profit would be the appropriate word to use here. And today, unfortunately, most of their lies have become the common, accepted "worldview".
- The Dairy Industry has done a FANTASTIC job marketing milk...claiming "it does a body good," which couldn't be the farthest thing from the truth. They've even pulled in multiple TV stars to advertise their slogan. The truth is, dairy is one of the worst things we can put in our bodies! It is linked to chronic infections, chronic constipation, allergies, asthma, juvenile diabetes, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune diseases, prostate cancer and breast cancer. In fact, THE RISK THAT A MAN consuming dairy products will develop PROSTATE CANCER is higher than the risk that a smoker will develop lung cancer.
- Cow's milk was designed to help a baby cow grow from 90 pounds to several hundred pounds very quickly. It was NOT designed for human consumption. Think about it, do you know of any other species living on the planet today, that once it's weaned off its mother's milk, switches species to drink the milk from that lactating mother? Humans are the only species that do this.
- Cow's milk increases levels of IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor) - a powerful cancer promoter in humans. There are clear links between higher IGF-1 levels and cancers of the breast, lung, colon, and prostate.
- We were taught that we needed calcium for strong bones when in actuality, our calcium requirements are low and absolutely achievable on a plant-based diet. In fact, too much calcium makes our bones more brittle!
- It has been drilled into our brains by The Meat Industry that we need meat in order to meet our bodies protein requirements, which again, couldn't be farther from the truth. As long as one is consuming enough calories on a daily basis, it is impossible to be deficient in protein. The opposite is happening today. Americans are consuming entirely too much protein due to a predominately animal-based diet. Furthermore, an animal-base diet equates to a diet high in fat and cholesterol which leads to diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer to name a few.
- The Pharmaceutical Industry has turned healthy people into sick people by creating new diseases out of symptoms so that they can market new medications for that particular disease. And once the side effects kick in for that particular medication, there's always another medicine to treat that.
Not one of the industries I listed above makes any money if we are healthy. There is no money to be made in telling people to eat a whole foods plant-based diet. There is no money in the prevention of disease, only the treatment of disease, which is why it's hard for me to call our system a "healthcare" system; in my mind it is a "disease-care" system. Doctors don't treat patients or the underlying cause of disease. They only treat the disease and the symptoms of disease. You can't, or shouldn't, blame them because they are doing exactly what they were taught to do in medical school, which by the way provides zero education in nutrition. This is why America is so sick and will only continue to get sicker, unless we take action. This will have to be a grass roots effort and it must begin with you!